Certifying a document

Compare The Solicitor 15/04/2015

If you are applying for a bank account, a mortgage or similar things you may be asked by the company to provide documents that have been certified as true copies of the original.

Ask a professional person ‘of good standing’, such as a solicitor, to certify a document as a true copy of an original.

Documents that can be copied and certified include:

letters from a hospital/doctor
letters from a government department
photocard driving licences
gas, electricity or council tax bills
bank/building society or credit card statements

About the Author

Leave a Reply